(8)? ?gener?????Sunrise? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.1 (177 Ratings)??30 Grabs Today. 39456 Total Grabs. ???
???Get the Code?? ?? ????1?? ?????Lost in the View? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.3 (3 Ratings)??26 Grabs Today. 1204 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?? DONE!??????? ??????????????1???2????3???? CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS ?

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Roar Entry #1

Krik? Krak! Entry #1
5 strong comments about characters and plot
1. It seems like the main character is on a boat on its way to America.
2. People also could potentially be getting raped aboard the boat because she says somthing about smelling innocence lost to those sheets.
3.The main character is no longer afraid of dying because she knows shes going to have to face it eventually and can not cheat death.
4. The main character has a very very strong connection with Haiti, but is being forced from there.
5. She is very emotional when it comes to her country and can't sing songs about it because she becomes very sad.

4 insightful questions
1. Why does the narrotor think that soldiers are almost not human?
2.Why does the narrotor dream of getting caught in a hurricane and dying?
3.Why is the narrotor leaving Haiti?
4.Will she ever return again?

3 vocabulary words and definitions; give page #
1. singsong pg. 5 ; verse, or a piece of verse, that is monotonously jingly in rhythm and pattern of pitch.
2. appease pg. 9 ; to bring to a state of peace, quiet, ease, calm
3. genteel pg. 9 ; well-bred or refined; polite; elegant; stylish.

2 examples of literary terms; give page #
1. "The faces around me are showing their first charcoal layer of sunburn" pg. 8 Simile
2. "At times I feel like I can just reach out and pull a star down...as thought it is a breadfruit" pg. 9 Simile

1 summary sentence
In the part I read in Krik? Krak!, I learned that the main character is leaving Haiti and is very nostalgic about it.

1 comments:

Mr. Doreian said...

what is breadfruit? I've never had one. Do share some of the good parts with your family; I think they'd enjoy.